Reshared from Lauren Fletcher's blog, http://www.virtuousdaughter.com/
This is supposed to be the transcript of an actual radio
conversation between a US naval ship and Canadian authorities
off the coast of Newfoundland in October 1995. The Radio
conversation was released by the Chief of Naval Operations on
Oct. 10, 1995.
- Please change your direction 15 degrees to the North to avoid a collision.
- Recommend you divert YOUR course 15 degrees to South to avoid a collision.
- This is the Captain of a US Navy ship. I say again, divert YOUR course.
- No. I say again, you divert YOUR course.
- THIS IS THE AIRCRAFT CARRIER ENTERPRISE, WE ARE A LARGE WARSHIP OF THE US NAVY. DIVERT YOUR COURSE NOW!
- This is a lighthouse. Your call.